LINK STACK??? [JD]
We’ve all been there: you open the closet door to put something inside, and the mess of clothes, shoes, and other unused items tumbles out onto the floor. If you’re sick of looking at the mess inside of your closet, add closet organization to your list of spring cleaning tasks. These simple tips can help.
- Use the right hangers. Using wire clothes hangers or cheap plastic hangers without grooves is a recipe for disaster. Invest in some nice wooden or sturdy plastic hangers and you’ll be amazed at how the clothes stay in place without falling off.
- Add drawers. If your current closet didn’t come with any drawers, add them yourself. Go to a home store and pick up a dresser or some other no-install storage solution to add storage space to your closet.
- Pack away out-of-season clothing. There’s no reason to have to shuffle through winter coats to reach your beach cover-up this summer. Make a point to pack out-of-season items in either rubber boxes or vacuum-sealed containers, and then put them in storage or under your bed to maximize the room in your closet.
- Fold certain items. Sweaters, long-sleeved tshirts, and other tops can often stretch out when hanging on a hanger for too long, so fold these items and place them on shelves instead.
- Add an armoire. If your closet still doesn’t provide enough space, add an armoire. They’re often very attractive, and they add precious storage that you really need.